I have been a web designer and developer for over 15 years. Projects I build include rich media, e-commerce and mobile web sites using Wordpress, CodeIgniter, or custom content management systems. Android and iOS apps built with PhoneGap. I create web applications on a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) backend with rich front-end features using jQuery.
Job Title: Senior Programmer
9/2003 - Present
- Work on development of projects that include server-side programming and/or databases
- In contact with Montana Banana clients to resolve project issues, troubleshooting, etc
- Develop re-usable code, functions and 'programs' for use on multiple web projects to optimize workflow.
- Design and build responsive websites for mobile phones and tablets
- Build mobile applications for Android and iOS using PhoneGap (Cordova)
- Work with third party CMS tools including WordPress and Joomla!
- Develop sites using MVC frameworks like CodeIgniter and Laravel
- Gather analytics and conversion data with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Build e-commerce website solutions using various payment gateways including PayPal, Verisign, Authorize.net and Stripe
The Jack, Will & Rob Center
Job Title: Web Design Teacher
4/2003 - 7/2003 Camas, WA
- Taught web design principles and HTML to 5th and 6th graders.
- Developed an online course curriculum for students to follow.
- Designed and built website to advertise available classes, events and other center related information.
Job Title: Web Games Developer
5/2001 - 1/2002 Kirkland, WA
- Worked with a team to created interactive material for a subscription sports entertainment website for children.
- Developed 20 interactive Flash games and activities for SportsSquad.com as well as various dynamic web elements and promos.
- Worked with multi-browser/cross-platform issues.
- Created database driven sports activities that would keep track of user input over the course of days, weeks and months.
- Created web pages using JScript that would be integrated to the pre-existing website infrastructure.
Job Title: Lead Online Web Designer
4/2000 - 4/2001 Bothell, WA
- Worked with a team to create a easily maintainable website featuring Humongous software for children.
- Played a key role in determining the look and feel of Humongous.com.
- Constructed web pages with a standardized navigational structure.
- Implemented database driven content into a template-based layout.
- Created database tables (with Microsoft Access and SQL).
- Produced graphic material for online and print advertisements.
- Responsible for graphics, spot illustrations, and animations.
- Multi-tasked under tight production schedule.
- Updated weekly Flash and banner ads for the front page of Humongous.com.
- Concept and created special promotions for new product releases.
- Built interactive Flash games/activities, some that interact with the database to collect email address, scores, text fields, and dates.
- Designed interactive and non interactive Flash animations.
The Art Institute of Seattle
1997 - 2000 Seattle, WA
- Received an Associate of Applied Arts Degree in Computer Animation (8 quarter program)
- Graduated with Honors